the 2018 Mexican election cycle represented the election of a total of 3,416 different positions ranging from state and federal Congress people and mayors to governors and mainly a new President of the republic. Below you will find a Map of all the different states in mexico by governing party before and after the election.
The positions elected on July 1st by the around 55 million people that voted in Mexico were 2,787 local positions and another 629 federal level positions in 30 of the 32 states. This is the complete list of races:
- President (6 year term; no reelection)
- 128 Senators (96 through Majority Rule and 32 through Proportional Representation for a 6 year term with possible reelection)
- 500 Federal Deputies (300 under Majority Rule and 200 under Proportional Representation for a 3 year term with possible reelection)
- 9 Governors (Chiapas, Guanajuato, Jalisco, Morelos, Puebla, Tabasco, Veracruz, Yucatan and the Mayor of Mexico City for 6 year terms with no reelection)
- 982 local deputies in 27 State Congresses (3 year term with reelection)
- 1,612 mayors in 25 states (3 year terms with reelection)